Tuesday, July 8, 2014


How it All Began
I decided to begin the Thriven Life blog out of a passion to share my journey and experiences in living a heartfelt and authentic life, where well-being, wisdom, and physical, spiritual and emotional health are just as important as my degrees, my career, and my bank account.
About 6 years ago, I began my journey, seeking ways to heal a broken heart and to fill what I felt was a spiritual void.  Thankfully, someone along my path suggested meditation and reiki.  A whole new world was opened up to me as I learned non-Western ways to uplift my spirit, calm anxiety, and heal myself and others.  Soon, I was inspired to become a yoga teacher, an avocation that allowed my physical body to aid in spiritual and emotional openings for me and my students as well as to increased mindfulness and health consciousness. 

Through my experiences, I discovered a community filled with people of different cultures and backgrounds who yearned to share their experiences and to grow more deeply.  I felt compelled to begin a community that would allow for this free flow of information, but was held back by doubt - Who am I to start this? Do I have the credentials?  And then, while on a yoga retreat this May in Italy, I became encouraged by a life coach and Arianna Huffington’s book “Thrive”.  Like Huffington, I wanted to encourage others to create a life of well-being, wisdom and wonder and to also incite people to drive toward a well-lived, mindful, authentic and healthful life.  In other words, I wanted to encourage people to be Driven to Thrive as much as they are to succeed in traditional ways.
So, I’ve decided to start small, blogging about my journey to live a Thriven Life.  One day, I’ll expand the platform and open up the dialogue to a community, full of resources and connections – a container of well-being.  For now, I hope you all join me on the beginning of my journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment